Ever wanted to have a simple way to manage quality assurance tests that integrates seamlessly with Jira? Now, you can do it easily with Xray. It supports both manual and automated tests and provides useful reports to track the quality and requirement coverage of your projects.
Xray is a powerful app developed by Xpand IT, a Platinum Atlassian Solution Partner.
- To start, check out the intro videos or watch a full product overview demo.
- To purchase a license, visit .
- To get more in-depth information, continue with the documentation below or jump right into the key features.
Xray is a complete Test Management tool for Jira. It is a full-featured app that does not require any other software in order to run.
Xray supports the entire testing life cycle: test planning, test design, test execution and test reporting. We do this by using special Jira issue types, so you can use all Jira benefits that you are used to.
Our aim is to help you improve the quality of your systems through effective and efficient testing. That's why from our first version, Xray already supports both manual and automated tests, including full support for Cucumber tests in the native language (i.e., English).
Feel free to contact us if you need to implement an effective test management tool, want to request a demo, or if you have any question. We're here to help you.
Discover why so many people and organizations choose Xray every single day.
- Create, organize, plan and execute your manual and automated tests (Cucumber supported natively; it also supports other test frameworks)
- Manage all your tests, manual or automated, in the same way
- Integrate seamlessly with Jira and Jira concepts
- Makes use of Jira issues for test management, allowing you to customize screens, workflows, attributes
- Ensure consistency by storing test definitions for past executions
- Track changes in all your test artifacts
- Easily integrate and extend using Xray's REST API
- Integrate with your favorite Continuous Integration tool, including Bamboo and Jenkins
- Import test definitions from Excel (CSV) for both manual and automated tests
- Import automated tests and their results from automated test frameworks through TestNG, JUnit, NUnit and other runners
- Extensive configuration options
- Custom test and step statuses
- Major languages supported (English, German, French, Spanish)
- Based on the famous Xray for Jira Server, widely used by many organizations, including Fortune 500 companies
- Always up-to-date with constant releases
- Ready to use: install and use it right away
Create, view, edit, clone tests
Attachments on Test Steps
Link to Defects and Requirements
Imbued Generic Automated Tests
Native support for BDD (Gherkin/Cucumber)
Preconditions for test cases
Reuse preconditions between test cases
Multiple preconditions for test cases
Organize tests by project, version, component and label
Organize tests in Test Sets
Create, edit, clone and schedule test executions
Ad hoc style (execute unplanned tests)
Personalize and create Test Run and step statuses
Track with progress bars on Test Execution/Cycles and Test Plans
Track requirement coverage/status directly on issues
(Overall and Historic Requirement Coverage, Traceability)
Number of built-in reusable gadgets
Explore and evolve
Built-in REST API
Consistency (Test changing non-retroactivity on past executions)
Use of Jira issues benefits
Test, Precondition, Test Set, Sub-Test Execution, Test Execution, Test Plan
Extensive configuration, including behavior
Support for project separation between requirements and tests
CI Integrations (via REST API)
Cucumber, Xray JSON, TestNG, JUnit, NUnit, RSpec, Selenium, Behave
Exporting testing data to fully customized DOC/PDF/Excel with Xporter
English, German, Spanish, French (soon)