A File Server is a server where files can be placed (FTP for example) or attached (Confluence). Those storage servers will be available in workflow post-functions and Scheduled Reports, allowing you to choose where to save the generated document.
File Server Types available
Xporter provides compatibility with the following file server types;
Xporter, at this point, is only compatible with explicit connections.
The communication between a client and an FTP server without SSL is sent unprotected, we recommend the use of FTPS.
Managing File Servers
Xporter allows you to have multiple file servers configured. This configuration is available on the App administration section.
The operations available on this screen are:
- Add New File Server: Allows you to create a new File Server.
- Edit File Server: Allows you to change an existing File Server.
- Delete File Server: Allows you to delete a File Server.
- Set File Server as Default: Allows you to set a File Server as the default one. It will be selected when users create or edit scheduled reports or Workflow Post Functions and the action Send to File Server is selected.
- Remove File Server as Default: Allows you to remove a File Server as the default.
Add a new File Server
To add a new File Server you need to fill the following information:
- Type - The File Server type
- Name - Any name chosen by the user
- Description (optional) - A description chosen by the user
- Host -The server host URL
- Port - The server port
- Base Path - The base path in the server where the Documents should be saved
- Username - The username to access the server
- Password - The password to access the server